Monday, April 14, 2014

Rainy Sunday with a Medieval vibe

This cooler weather is exciting me no end. I am scouring my recipes to decide what to make this winter. Unfortunately there are not enough Autumn/Winter days to make them all.

I made Sunday lunch for my friend C. Liver with mashed dutch cream potatoes, roasted carrots and peas. I don't have a lot of friends who like liver, and the sage is looking great so it had to be now.
Look away vegitarians 
This is so easy and quick to cook.
Just a couple of minutes each side
This is so easy to cook. I had the vegetables all cooked and ready to serve plus the onions for the liver. Poured us both a drink and then cooked the liver.
with onions, fresh sage, lemon juice and white wine
I then spent the medieval looking afternoon watching a DVD lent to me by my friend R. We both love history - especially royalty. Bound to be better than fiction.
3 series here
I did need a reference book to check on characters - don't trust Hollywood.
Good quick reference
Thank you sister D for this 1980 birthday gift. It has been well used.

Chicken soup is next on the list. I poach the chicken the chinese way. Into the water or in this case the frozen stock from the last chicken. The holy trinity are added (onion, carrot and celery), plus salt peppercorns, a slice of orange peel, 2 star anise. Bring it to the boil and simmer for just 15 minutes. Then turn off the heat and wrap up for about 3 hours. Will be poached perfectly.
Waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment