Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Planting garlic and some Easter decor

My friend C gave me some sprouting Aussie garlic. I prepared the garden bed, even put in some compost from the bin, plus some coffee grounds.
Fingers and toes crossed they grow
Apparently, all things going well, they will be ready for harvest in November.
Herb garden is happy
After the rain the herbs are doing so well. I bought new parsley, sage and lemon grass. I will be actioning some liver and sage with mashed potatoes next week. Have to take advantage of the sage before it dies. I don't have much luck with sage.
The useless Russian tarragon
At least it looks pretty and helps to keep the weeks away. Plus it looks good in the kitchen in a vase.
The pot plants are looking good.
I swept and hosed the back patio and cut away dead leaves. 3 hours work before 10am - legend.
New back door arrangement
I am baby sitting this plant for a while so thought I would enjoy it while I can.
Easter is close
I hauled out the Easter ornaments in preparation for next week. Not that I am doing any serious entertaining here but I like to make an effort.
Eggs and bunnies on a fish plate
All Easter thingies covered in one place.
Coffee table
I am really happy with this arrangement. I love going through my cupboards and 'things' and coming up with new ideas.
Next I will make an Italian Easter cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment