Sunday, September 7, 2014

Spring garden so far

My garden is a mixture of what was here originally when we moved into this house, plants I have bought on sale, cuttings that I have have begged or stolen. Most I do not know the names of.
The veggie and herb garden is looking lush after that week of rain.
You can never have too much parsley
If I have a good crop I make a parsley and macadamia nut pesto - it doesn't last long
Pot luck tomatoes
I bought a very expensive little punnet of fancy tomatoes, egg shaped, black, green with yellow stripes etc etc. Son M cut open one of each and squeased out the seeds to dry. I planted them and they all grew. Can't wait to see what I get
Asylum attracts the butterflies
Also makes a lovely border
Old school gerbra
This gerbra plant was in the garden when we came here. It still flowers every year - such good value
Ground cover
Neighbour C has this excellent ground cover in her garden - I dug up 3 pieces and within a week it was going great guns - better then weeds
Back again
The nastursians come back to visit every year. I even have a vase now especially for them
red geranium
I cut up an old geranium plant and made heaps of new ones. By summer these will be lovely
My favourite pink ones
Hopefully these will all fall over the driveway wall and greet us when we arrive home
These are packed away now until next winter

Iris for spring
It is not very often that I see white iris. So pleased with this bunch

No comments:

Post a Comment