Saturday, August 30, 2014

End of winter post

Whilst I haven't been inspired to write for the past couple of months, I have been cooking (as usual) and taking the odd photo. I fell out of the pattern of regularly blogging when I had a bad bout of flu that returned, so it was a double wammy. It is still amazing to me how we can learn a habit and or quickly fall out of it if we are distracted by events or illness or life gets in the way.

I have been visiting the Op shops but have not found any treasures in the past 2 months. I did find a glass dish that I had seen originally in bed Bath and Table for about $10.
The dish cost me $1. It is next to the glass dome that I found on the side of the road earlier this year. The shells look good in this.
I can smell this as I write
I made Osso Buco again - it is just not winter if I haven't made this at least once. I make it from my original recipe from the 70's
Good old Supercook book
This series of books has been my cooking bible since 1974
I use more modern recipes now but for the original recipe and the history of a dish this is invaluable.
Pork and fennel meatballs
I finally made Ribollitta. An Italian peasant dish that is actually a vegetable soup with kale and the meatballs.
Delicious magazine
So easy to cook
I have made it 3 times now - it was so popular. Everything in it is good for you. Even the actual cooking - so soothing for the soul
With crunchy sourdough croutons and cheese
Pea and ham soup for the freezer
Lovely leaves from my neighbour's garden
I love the colours
I have been doing a lot of gardening. Nothing fancy, just trying to keep alive the things I have. more info in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment