Saturday, September 13, 2014

Ode to the Pineapple

I recently visited GOMA for the Harvest Food Exhibition. I was not really impressed with the overall exhibition but they redeemed themselves with the Pineapple story.

The displays on the left hand side going into the gallery are usually very interesting and should not be missed.
This one was too too fabulous. Growing up in Queensland we all know about pineapples.
We all know someone who had one of these
I am sure that we owned one of those T towels bought from the Big Pineapple
Pineapple serving and salad bowls
One wonders where you store such things when they are not in use!
The fabric at the back has pineapple wreaths
I have never seen a pineapple wreath before. This lot of china was just ugly
I am sure that we also had one of those cook books
I certainly remember wanting to serve things in canned pineapple rings - so sophisticated. For some reason this remains me of the kitchen at Slack's Creek.
Cutlery and chillies
This was the next best thing at the exhibition. Starting in the centre with little butter and cheese knives then extending out using all kinds of cutlery mixed in with chillies - I loved this
New blooms
The tibouchina (sp) is looking just lovely. We had a very large tree of this in the last house that was a joy to behold at this time of the year. I had to settle for a dwarf plant here as there is no space for such a big tree
Orange trumpets
I have no idea what this is. It was here before me and never fails to flower and grow. The flowers are slightly sticky so I often find them in my hair if walk past
Plant in a glass bowl

This is all the fashion again. I remember planting things in big glass bottles in the 70's. There was stall at the Bulimba State School today just with plants in bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment