Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Serious comfort food

I haven't been able to cook since last Thursday because of a serious cut on my finger. I have just been assembling food....
Today I spent the afternoon in a wonderful cool breeze drinking french tea and reading
Wonderful afternoon
I bought these tea's in Paris and have been rationing it out to make it last. There is no guarantee that I will return to buy more
I love these
Then I went to Tokyo and what do I find in an 'American Outlet Mall' but a branch of Fauchon and rows and rows of my favourite tea.
Needless to say I bought more supplies
Now I can drink more tea
I decided that to top off such a lovely afternoon I needed to cook some comfort food. I had fresh broccoli and went to the pantry. I all of the ingredients for broccoli and anchovy orecchiette.

Simple ingredients
Like all good Italian (or otherwise) housewives I chopped up the stalks and fried them in butter with the garlic, anchovies and dried chilli.
Already smelling good
I cook the broccoli florets in the water with the pasta for the last 4 minutes
Still crisp and green
Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment