Saturday, October 4, 2014

Lucy Jamieson's float bowls

My grandparents Lucy and George used to grow the most amazing pansies in the front garden at Coorparoo.
She floated these wonder purple flowers (mostly I remember them being purple) in green glass float bowls/vases.
The green ones are Lucy's
Some how I ended us with these and I am so happy. I found the 2 amber coloured ones at a vintage fair. I love how the round one fits inside Lucy's round one. Like they were meant for each other.
I filled mine this morning with nastursians. My pansies this year are not as glamorous as lucy's so they  are not on display.
So many variations
I actually watered the 'volunteer' nastursians this year as they came up all around my new geraniums - so they benefited. I have never had so many different colours.
New/old wooden tray
I helped my neighbour take some things to the Uniting Church shop this morning, and bought this tray. I also found 2 crystal water glasses and 2 brand new ginger bread man cutters - all for $3. Bargain shopping at it's best. I love this shop in particular. The prices are so low and the ladies who volunteer are so cheery. Also a good place to find home made jams - if you are early enough. I have donated so many items here plus the ones that I collect from family and friends. It is only open on Fridays so I do the deliveries.
The bakers stand
I cleaned and repotted ready for spring/summer lunches outside
New additions
These will be planted out tomorrow. I have to wait until son M arrives so that he can pull out the plants in the big terracotta pot. They have been there for a couple of years and are too tightly wedged for me to move them.
Marguerite daisies
This daisy will join friends in the front garden when it has done it's duty here.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, the Lucy float bowls. Yes, I have a green horse shoe one as well. I purchased a rosey ceramic one from a second hand shop many years ago. The children used to pick up all the frangipani flowers on the way home from school for my bowls.

    ReplyDelete