Sunday, October 26, 2014

A random week in October

I intended to have a quiet week this week, but as usual I was busy with something every day. I met a friend for lunch on Monday at the Balfour Hotel in New Farm. Her youngest son was just married so lots of wedding news to catch up on.
My philosophy class on Tuesday and then made a Pumpkin and sweet potato fritatta.
I forgot to photograph it while it was intact
I packed it up for lunch for the next day at Dahrl Court.
Packed ready to go
I am so glad I kept that recipe. It is now in the folder where I can find it again.

I did some serious gardening. Finally planted out the white geranium cuttings from a neighbour, pulled out the nastursians - they were past their prime, and planted the strawberries.
I have wanted to put strawberries in this for ages
The pot has been home to many flowers but this year I finally did the strawberries.

I also planted some lettuce before it gets too hot.
I will be eating these very soon
The sage is still flowering
On Wednesday sister J and I were guests of her Indian tenants as they celebrated their Diwali festival. Food was fabulous.

One of very long time girlfriends came for lunch on Thursday. I made Nigella Lawson's Jewish apple and almond cake for dessert. This cake is not cheap to make but too too easy. No creaming butter and sugar etc. Just apple puree, sugar, almond meal and 8 eggs and away you go and then pop it in the oven
Serve warm with yoghurt
On Friday we had a family wedding.
Bride and Groom

Saturday went to the China Town Mall for the Diwali Festival with sister J and her family.

The Indian food didn't look as good as what we had eaten on Wednesday night so we had Vietnamese.

I bought some new fabric to cover my sunroom couch for this season. The 'bird' fabric just wasn't right. Besides Maxi wouldn't sit on it - maybe he didn't approve either. However as soon as I put the new fabric on he was there THERE.
Maxi approval

Supervising position

I did 2 walks in the winter with sister D and the Sandgate Historical Society. These were wonderfully informative and was a way to get in some gentle exercise as well. I took this photo of the bay and wish I was there right now - but it will be too hot today.
Hopefully we will get a storm and I won't have to water the new plants - rain water is wonderful for them.
So peaceful

1 comment: