Friday, November 15, 2013

Frangipani - again

I know I have mentioned Frangipani before but at this time of the year I am in love with them. In fact being a Queenslander it would be safe to say they are one of my favourite flowers.
In the past I have decorated food - Lemon refrigerator cake - Watermelon basket - just to mention 2 -with them.
There is a very large tree next door and I have always had permission to take what I want. Now that Bernice has gone into 'care' - there is no one in the house regularly. So now I take the flowers by cutting/breaking the thicker part of the branches. Previously I just took the blooms on their skinny short stalk. This way makes for better decorating venues.
Just lovely
The fragrance is just wonderful.

Now that we have had some rain I am looking forward to the grass turning green again. I am also anxiously waiting for all of my agapanthus to flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment