Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fleur-de-lis

I have always loved the image of the Fleur-de-lis. Called the 'Heraldic Lily' it is the symbol of the the Royal Arms of France.

I have over the years collected photo's and 'things' with this image. Even before I found out that it is one of the symbols our our 'Robbins Family's' coat of arms.

Today I found my 3rd glass storage jar with this symbol. I always find them in thrift shops.
$4.50 - bargain
I have no idea what came in these jars originally and would love to know. The one on the left I found with no lid but bought it anyway and found that a Maconna coffee jar lid fit perfectly.
The hunt goes on.
Door stop
This is actually one of a pair of bookends but they look great against the varnish of the wooden frames of the glass french doors. I have to sit them on a brick (covered in leopard print cloth) to give weight so that they actually hold the doors open.
White china
I found this in a sale and there was only one of them. I am sure this is a book end but looks great on the shelf in front of the books.
Black leather
This lovely box hold rose scented pot poure.
White wood crackle
I found this one in Manly Sydney while on holidays. It sits next to a little white and gold cat and they look like they are made for each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment