Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I still love chickens

Ever since Slacks Creek I have loved chickens. We grew up with the smell of chickens all of our child hood. I have chased then them, collected eggs, treated them with Dad's weird potions when they were sick, plucked and gutted them, but most of all eaten them.
I have thousands of ways to cook a chook.

I always have home made chicken stock in the freezer. I even buy china chickens.
Blacks chooks are my favourite
This is a cutie
I have more things of chickens, but will post them later.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for chickens. Those two china chickens are indeed sweet. Some chickens in the neighbourhood are so fluffy, from the back. Not the Slacks Creek variety at all. I would love to have some. I remember naming the day old chicks, Elvis was the most popular name.

    ReplyDelete