Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Stone jar with leaves and berries

I have quite a collection of stone jars and vases. It is something that just seemed to evolve. I started saving European mustard pots (after I had eaten the mustard) in the 70's. In the early 80's My Aunt Billie was clearing out a storage shed and gave me a box full of very interesting stoneware pieces. When she moved again this year she gave me the balance of her collection.
This jar was sitting for ages on the shelf out side my laundry window with leaves and berries from an old flower arrangement. Whilst preparing for this Christmas Day I hastily put it on the bakers stand with the ferns etc to get it out of the way. Then all of a sudden on Christmas morning I saw how at home it looked in it's new surroundings.
So at home

No comments:

Post a Comment