Wednesday, May 7, 2014

New Recipes and a Sunday lunch

The cooler weather really inspires me to try new recipes.

I decided to try pork rilettes. A very french peasant dish I imagine was devised to use up the fat belly pork. It is cut into small pieces and popped in the oven for 3 hours with garlic, bay leaf and a big sprig of thyme, plus half a cup of water.
All cut up
Then blended together and then traditionally put in bottles and bought out to be served with hot toast and cornichons.
Served like this
A good pot full
My sons call this the 'pate pot'. We always used this for chicken liver pate their favourite snack. The recipe was a perfect fit for the 'pot'.
Bendigo Pottery
This was purchased from the pottery direct in the early 1980's.
We had the rilettes for lunch when son M and daughter in law C visited. I also made a 'salt cake'.
This has feta and yoghurt in it
A savoury cake that I have wanted to make for a couple of years.
Served with tomatoes
This was very popular.
We also had salad
Neighbour's flowers cheered up the kitchen 

No comments:

Post a Comment