Friday, May 23, 2014

More cooking for pleasure


My friends R and S spent last weekend working moving their book shop to another location. I volunteered to make sunday night dinner as I knew that they would be exhausted.

I arrived just after the dogs had been walked and they had both had a good hot soak in the tub. Ready to eat.

I made celeriac remoulade to start.
This doesn't look good to start with
But when grated, plunged in boiling salted lemon water for 2 minutes and then mixed with mayonaise flavoured with mustard, parsley, red wine vinegar and a polish dill pickle it is wonderful.
Lots of grating, plunge in boiling water and then dry

Left overs made a lovely lunch
Lasagne is always a favourite and can be prepared way ahead.

Ultimate comfort food-lasagne
loves a dessert. I have never cooked with quinces before and they are always eager to try my new recipes.
Preparing the quinces


I was nervous making the syrup
Keeping the pieces whole while making a syrup
But it all turned out well
Excellent with yoghurt
I have also just made my orange syrup cake for a dinner tonight at my neighbour C's house. Her neighbours are off on another European jaunt for 2 months so we will be wishing them well with good food and wine - fun times ahead.
Again served with yoghurt

No comments:

Post a Comment