Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hummus with white beans

I have been making Hummus for about 20 years. Soaking the chick peas and cooking them myself. I have had 2 innovations in the past once just recently.
Making the hummus with half chick peas and half white beans. It actually makes a lighter smoother dip.
The colour is from the mint
I like a lot of mint in my hummus.
The other very interesting thing I learned in a cooking class at Mondo in West End. When Dominic Rizzo was head chef there the cooking classes were fabulous. I did quite a few with my foodie friend Ron.
Dominic told us that making hummus with canned chick peas was the best way to go as it made a better dip. So true - much smoother and so much easier.
Using a can of chick peas and a can of white beans makes a lot of dip - but fear not. It freezes well, and thaws in no time. So it is always on hand for spreads, picinc's and drop in guests.
Serve these lightly toasted and torn into pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment