Wednesday, November 28, 2012

First of the Christmas plans for 2012

I am excited about Christmas lunch this year as it is the first time since my Grand Daughter Gemma has been able to join us since she started her Chef apprenticeship. It is usual to work at Christmas time in the hospitality business.

Of course it would be wonderful just once to have all of the Grand Children together for Christmas again - this has not happened since Perth when they were all very small. But knowing that she was working and so close by but couldn't join us has been sad.

I am cooking a ham with the fig glaze and served with Peach Chutney. Everyone is bringing a special dish to add to the day. This way is easier on everyone. I also have more time to spend on the table decorations one of my favourite things.
For the backs of the chairs
This is a trial run for posies for the backs of the chairs. I bought artificial holly branches and long wires with red plastic beads to represent berries. I cut these up and made small bunches. I added some fresh green foliage from the garden and tied with red ribbon.

These will blend nicely with my new French tablecloth that is in pale green and cream. I am keeping the theme softer this year as a contrast to last years over the top tropical theme.

Great all together in a vase
All of the posies are completed and taped (will add the fresh foliage on christmas morning). They look great as Christmas decor all together in a square vase. Very useful in the lead up to the day.

One project down - many more to go......

No comments:

Post a Comment