Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A lovely lunch time walk today

Now that the weather is cooler a walk at lunch time is so pleasant. Over the years I have worked out an excellent 50 minutes - 1 hour walk.
Pond in the gardens
I head down Albert Street into the Botanical Gardens, and up past the ponds to George Street and into the QUT Campus. Past Old Government House and the Gardens Point Theatre, to the Goodwill Bridge.
Goodwill Bridge
On the way across the bridge there is a lovely view up and down the river plus The Maritime Museum.
'Ella' The Pink lady lives here now
Then to the South Bank Parklands
The bower of bouganvilla
Sometimes I walk the length of the parklands under the bouganvilla, and sometimes along the river. Then past  QPAC and across the Victoria Bridge.
The farmers market
On Wednesday's there is the bonus of the Farmers Market. The German Sausage Hut is my favourite. Now for winter they have an extra treat.
New for the Winter
I must try this next week YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Neal said that the suckling pig will just about cancel out the whole walk.
    I think the walk and description is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete