Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Neighbourhood

A favourite place to shop
The more I live in this area the more I love it. When I first moved here in the very early 70's it was just by chance. Oxford Street (the neighbourhood shops) were run down and very old fashioned. We did have a ferry service even before the City Cats. Now it is one of the 'trendiest' areas of Brisbane. The public transport is wonderful. I can get to the Cultural Centre or the Power House precinct by ferry. If it is day time and the weather is good I can walk to the ferry, just 20 minutes.

Now there are numerous boutiques, cafe's, coffee shops, 2 great independent book shops, cinema, a church and hall that caters for everything from the Friday morning jumble sale to yoga and latin dancing classes.

'Coming up Roses' is well known in our area for buying any type of gift or treat for yourself. It has recently been bought by past Olympic swimming champion Haley Lewis. Haley makes shopping here a lovely relaxed experience.

I have been looking for a neutral pair of slip on canvas shoes for ages. I looked in on my walk this week and there in a basket was exactly what I had been looking for for over a year - and in my size.

No comments:

Post a Comment