Sunday, October 7, 2012

Old Pullenvale Farm

My friend Michelle asked me to accompany her and her husband Stephen to an auction at Pullenvale. I have never been to Pullenvale and with the rare opportunity of being 'driven' somewhere I gladly accepted.
The house had been lovingly restored and sold so now the unwanted contents were being auctioned off. All of those things left in old houses by the older generations of this family that lived there.
I have only been to one auction previously which scared me at how fast things went. This time I understood the operation and I had a catalogue. I ended up buying a mat for $20, but really I was more interested in the garden and it's furniture.
My favourite
This bench went for a ridiculously high price. When the bidding reached $300 I stopped listening.
The largest wooden bench I have seen
I loved this
I adore garden settings and have never seen one like this before.
Hiding in the garden
I would have loved to take him home but he was not for sale.
The garden was tropical but low maintenance.
A great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment