Saturday, October 13, 2012

Brisbane Open House

On the weekend of 'Open House' I visited the Masonic Temple. Traditionally women as in wives of members were only allowed in on special occasions, and then only in certain rooms. They have become much more 'user friendly' in recent years. In fact the men on duty during the open house were akin to a comedy team. All dressed up in suits and aprons and making jokes etc.
I had been in the temple years ago. I persuaded my friend Carol to come to a Mozart (love Mozart!) concert and play that was held in the main hall. I don't like being denied entry to anything and was determined to get inside.
This floor facinated me 
The floor is lovely but the carpet surrounding it looks like it belongs in a suburban pub!
Star of David?
Ceiling in the main hall
behind the choir
I climbed up into the choir stalls to get this picture. A lovely view from there.
Interesting chairs
In the centre of another interesting floor
What happens on these floors

No comments:

Post a Comment