Thursday, July 14, 2011

Our Weather Vane

I bought this weather vane about 8 years ago. As soon as we moved to this house, I just knew I wanted an old fashioned rooster weather vane for the garage roof.
After searching for 2 years I finally found this one in Paddington. The next trick was to install it on the roof. It didn't come with any attachments. Just the rooster on a stick so to speak.
The perfect spot
I had to get an engineer friend to design and make a clamp affair thing to screw into the roof joists, after lifting some roof tiles. It had a hollow tube attached that the stick (actually an iron pipe affair) could just slide into. The next trick was to find 'somebody' to actually do it.

Go old pushing 80 Years Nev was the only one who worked out how to do it.
So worth it
I just love watching the rooster spin in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment