Monday, February 11, 2013

Willow basket

I have a real 'thing' for baskets. I don't have very many as I have no where to store them. I bought a picnic basket years ago with a 2 piece folding lid etc. I saw myself at lovely picnic spots with a basket full of goodies. Unfortunately it takes up a lot of room in the car boot and is horribly heavy and awkward to carry when full of food etc. It has only been used a couple of times but I can't bear to part with it.
I spent way too much time in Fortnam and Mason's in London drooling over their picnic baskets.

I have a large square rectangle basket with a handle that sits in the bottom of the wardrobe, 5 large baskets that go on top of the wardrobe full of bit and pieces. Another square basket with a handle sits on top of the kitchen cupboards that does get more use for carrying - as it is not as useless as the proper picnic basket.

On Friday I went to the Op Shop on Oxford Street and came away with a willow basket for carrying flowers. I have always had the romanic idea of picking flowers from my garden and placing them in a basket.
All ready to collect flowers
I have lovingly dusted, washed and oiled this - now where will it live? there is no room inside and it will get too much sun outside. I am still working on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment