Saturday, March 12, 2011

Raffles Hotel Singapore

I have always been facinated with Singapore because of historical and adventure stories that I had read about it. Whilst I have had many  stop overs in Changi  Airport, I have only spent 24 hours in the city itself. My first place to see was Raffles Hotel - I loved it. The decor, gardens and even the fabulously dressed concierge gave the whole place a feeling of 1930's glamour. I spent hours in the shops attached to the hotel. I just had to have this poster that summed up everything about the Singapore in my books. I also bought 2 cups that I use every day for chamomile tea. I had nowhere in the house to put this poster. So I had it laminated and stuck to the inside of my pantry door. Now I can see it every day. A friend also gave me the cook book from the Raffles Hotel, when he knew that I was facinated with the hotel. I had seen this in the gift shop but couldn't afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment